While Arizona can be hot, going in October can be very pleasant. The history surrounding this State is quite spectacular. While the state is mostly dessert it still has tons of beauty.
One of my favorite places is to go to Scottsdale. It is a really beautiful suburb of Phoenix. You could travel to Flagstaff or Sedona too. There is alos the Grand Canyon to see but I wasn’t too impressed. Try the Scottsdale Silverado Golf Club for a spectacular course.
- Mastro’s Ocean Club – the fish dishes can’t be beat and the service is wonderful!
- Montezuma Castle Ancient Ruins – Montezuma Castle, built by the Sinagua Indians during the 1100s is one of the most well preserved ancient cliff dwellings in America. While it is a bit of a drive from Phoenix, it is worth every minute through the dessert.
Dinner: You must try having dinnner at 315 REstaurant & Wine, they have a great outdoor patio and dogs are allowed. http://315santafe.com/
Sites: These are some sites you will love…
- Tour the Miraculous Staircase at Loretto Chapel. Three mysteries surround the spiral staircase in the Loretto Chapel: the identity of its builder, the type of wood used, and the physics of its construction.
- Brick Labyrinth at Museum International Art – 706 Camino Lejo
- Ski Santa Fe – 16 miles northeast of the city of Santa Fe on highway 475 (Artist Road/Hyde Park Road